ThinkStrat is an interactive management development program, conducted as a workshop. It draws on the thinking of leading management gurus, and experiences of various Indian and international companies.
The program will make you more strategy-oriented, and help you perform a value added role in your organisation.
You generally start your career in a function viz. finance, marketing, production, human resources, research & development etc. Over a period of time, you tend to view everything through your functional perspective. Functional mindsets can lead to the following scenarios in organizations –
- The CEO would like marketing to re-consider the offering to the customer with a view to shake up the market. Marketing says R&D needs to improve the product
- The software developer spends a lot of time with senior executives of the client organisation. Does he have the skill set to understand the organisation deeply, and assist in developing new business opportunities with the client?
- Marketing wants cheaper credit for distributors. Finance feels interest costs will rise.
- HR wants to send production executives on behavioural training. Works Manager feels it is a waste of time and will disrupt production schedules.
- Marketing proposes a new product concept based on customer feedback. R&D would like to prioritise another project, where they are perfecting a concept.
- The CEO wants his team to be innovative. The team feels the CEO shoots down all their ideas.
While such functional mindsets are widely prevalent, there is a change in the organisational imperative.
Strategy is no longer the role of the CEO alone. Well formulated strategies and their implementation call for an organizational effort.
Companies often engage external strategy consultants to bridge this gap between individual mindsets and organizational imperative. But that only addresses the symptoms of the problem.
We believe that strategy-oriented employees can formulate and implement strategies better than any external consultant. ThinkStrat program helps employees get this strategy orientation.
The following will benefit from ThinkStrat
- Managers who wish to play a deeper role in strategy in their organizations.
- Heads of medium and small organizations, who want to strengthen the strategy process in their business.
Kindly note that this program is not targeted at students or executives with less than 5 years of experience.
- ThinkStrat Elements
- The Strategic Thinking Process
- Approaches to Strategy
- Core competencies
- Business models
- Value Chain & Business Configuration
- The Value Curve
- ThinkStrat Market
- Market Share & Opportunity Share
- From “Gut Feel” to Business Case
- Working with numbers
- ThinkStrat Business Plan
- Financial Analysis of Project (Using MS Excel)
- Strategy Map
- Business Plan
- ThinkStrat Execution
- Balanced Score Card
- Tool Box
- Best Practices
- ThinkStrat Vision – the Compass of a Firm
- Setting the Direction
- Vision as a Passion
The standard version of this program can be conducted in 3-6 days, depending on the participant background and learning approach.
Sundar facilitates most of our programs. Given his width of education, expertise and exposure, we do a range of programs on strategy, finance, economics, markets & business development in India and abroad.
Our programs are not about slides. They are serious memorable learning experiences. Most of our MDPs are customised to meet specific client requirements.